Blade Runner Warning

Well, I don't know if this qualifies for this assignment, but I need somewhere to share my reflections on this clip. Having watched both "Blade runner" movies prior, and always spending long hours on reflections afterwards, I love looking at them through different eyes every time I watch an interpretation like this. And I strongly agree with one of the points this guy has been making - that it's a waring message to us, not to follow easy paths as we tend to do, because it makes us shallow, routine-based, and we lose life opportunities by not taking any risks. The movie appeals obviously to far future, but its warning is applicable even now - don't overuse commodities like Tinder, where you can discard a person at the first sign of slight obstacle between you and just seek the applause for who you are, but go out into the world and live for real, because when we replace our real life with technological one as priority no.1, that's when we're on the lost side of being human.

tho highlight
The teacher has highlighted to us, that any violations of the trip's rules will result in expulsion from the trip.

to be reflected by sth
My bad mood is reflected by the music I listen to today.

despondency / despondent
I was feeling despondent after not having encountered any job at all during last six months of searching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hPBbPqc5Sk

Komentarze

  1. Isn't the phrase 'to be on the LOSING side' of history/ ...?
    Not having seen Blade Runner, I can't really empathise with your views on the film but I can, and do, with the conclusions you've drawn.

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Why in the age of science do so many people believe in supernatural things?

Should guns be legalized in Poland?

Aging - doom or an illness to cure?