Politics with a pinch of salt


This week we’ve been really into politics, so it’s also a thing I’d like to reflect on today. The other day, I found myself watching yet another time “Last Week Tonight” with John Olivier, only to switch later to “The Daily Show” with Trevor Noah, and later to yet another domestic TV programme, which summarises national politics in a satiric way. And at some point I saw the peculiar truth, that, the modern day politics is for me unbearable in a raw form. The satirical take on it is the only way I’m able to process it without losing my temper. I guess that’s because the amount of hypocrisy and lies in it is unfortunately only suitable to either distaste or mockery, of which the second one is less harmful and thus more common.



Komentarze

  1. I think it can be good to some level, but in some cases ridiculing the problems actually makes people not really see all the harmful effects it can have. In my opinion some people should stop joking about politics and start being worried.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Oh, worried we are! And to be fair, John Oliver and other hosts of American satirical chat shows are not altogether funny. They make it clear that the issues are serious and often even drop the comedic tone.

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Why in the age of science do so many people believe in supernatural things?

Should guns be legalized in Poland?

Aging - doom or an illness to cure?