Appreciation

Today the thought that has been stuck in my mind is how much there is to the saying that you can never really appreciate someone’s work unless you do it yourself. I got to experience this by myself by being in quite little time both teaching somebody, and being taught English. Not until I started teaching my sister this language I could truly understand how astonishingly hard it is to direct a good, interesting lesson, and establish a connection with your student(s). Of course I always thought highly of all my teachers seeing how much effort they put into trying to teach us both English, and some important life lessons at a time, but there always came moments when I’ve been critical of their work or materials they prepared. Now, my point of view has changed drastically, because every time I even try to think this way, I immediately see how would I feel in they position, because I know now how much effort, time and energy it takes to conduct even the most boring lesson, which has any plan at all. I think my appreciation of teacher’s work has never been as high as now knowing all this and thinking to myself all this.

Komentarze

  1. Thanks! It doesn't mean you can't find pleasure and satisfaction in this job, though.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Maybe it is a good idea to be introduced for instance at school, so everyone would try different jobs to start to appreciate them. It seems to me that lack of appreciation and respect is a growing problem of our society.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. That really is a great idea, and actually it's already been introduced in Germany for quite some time. And from what I know proved to be a brilliant solution, which both helped the teenagers find direction which they would like to pursue, and increased appreciation of these jobs they were doing to get a sense what it's like.

      Usuń
    2. I always try to not expect much from someone and it makes me appreciate their work more. Anyway, Hania's method seems to be the best one.

      Usuń
  3. While it's good to appreciate others' work, I think it's not good to ditch criticism just because of empathy. Both of these are crucial for improvements.

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Aging - doom or an illness to cure?

Smart Homes a.k.a how the technology makes its presence everywhere we go

Driverless Cars - the way to get rid of traffic?