Friendship


Today I’ve been to my good old friend’s 18th birthday dinner. It was the first time we've seen each other since his last birthday, and it’s not anything bizarre for us - usually we only see once a year, because we both have hectic lifestyles and can’t match dates to meet some other time. However, when we finally meet, you couldn’t tell that we’ve not seen for this long - we immediately get along perfectly, find topics to talk through, things to do together. As if we’ve never stopped seeing each other. And today when I got home and finally sat down, I started to think about it. 
The reflection I had on this was that true friendship can withstand even long periods of not seeing each other, because deep inside, nothing’s changed between you. I have also other friends my relations with whom confirm these thoughts, one of them left to other school, another to foreign country. With both of them I could not see for ages, and still act as if no time has passed at all since we’ve last see each other. And I love it.


Komentarze

  1. Lucky you! Long-distance relationships aren't easy to keep up.
    Look again at how you use the verb SEE. We 'see someone' so there always needs to be a complement (noun/person) after the verb SEE (e.g. see each other). If this isn't clear, come to see me during the break.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Such thing seems to occur only if both people want to keep the friendship going. If one of them won't care much, the other one will have a hard time trying to maintain any contact. The time itself seems to be the best at determining how strong and how true relationships really are.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. I like to meet with friends I haven't seen for a long time, because the conversation is more interesting than usually. Can you relate to this?

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Don't you think that it is a different 'kind' of friendship? From my experience, it is usually focused on positive moments in life. You don't discuss your worries in such meetings. Would this person be there for you if something went badly?

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Why in the age of science do so many people believe in supernatural things?

Should guns be legalized in Poland?

Aging - doom or an illness to cure?